Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Projects and Fun

In addition to our summer adventures, there have been many projects too. I have been inspired by finds on the internet and mommy blogs, but often times, Eli directs the play and comes up with some pretty cool creations and activities.  I do my *best* (it is hard sometimes!!!) to keep my hands off of his projects and let him do things the way he wants to do them.  I have tried to stay away from "kits" or specific outcome projects because I find myself disappointed when they don't turn out "perfect."  It is the perfectionist in me.  Don't think Eli has inherited that trait of mine...and it is probably a good thing. 

When I thought to grab the camera, I did. I tried to capture the process or moment.  I also like to take pictures because I can't keep everything Eli makes....especially when many of his creations are structures.  So I try to document his creations with pictures. Then when the time comes to clear out old projects and make room for new ones, we know we have gotten them on camera to look back at, smile, and remember.

Just a sample of some of our fun:


And, in an effort to keep it real around here, I should state that we don't have adventures or do projects everyday.  We have had many MANY lazy days this summer of just playing, dropping, moving-on-to-the-next-toy kind of days too.  It makes for a big clean up job at the end of the day, but those days are good days too.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment