Thursday, August 18, 2011

Mini Moments

Captured a couple of moments in our house the last day or two that make my heart smile. 

Jude using his sign for more for the first time.


Did you see that intense look on his face?  More!  MORE!!....and yes, I turned off the camera to give him more puffs.  I actually think he used this sign the day before after he had stolen handfuls of french fries off of his brother's plate.  But I was in denial as he slammed his little fists, full of fries, together.  More, Mama! More!!!

And just a little clip of Eli working on his sight words by creating sentences and reading them. 


Do not be fooled!  Not all of his sentences made this much sense.  This might have actually been one of Mommy's creations now that I think of it.  

Eli is growing up.  He is looking more and more like a big boy to me.  The haircut I gave him a couple weeks ago has a lot to do with that.....and his legs!  They are so long.  His vocabulary and pronunciation are sounding more and more grown up too.  Gone are cute little mispronunciations of a toddler....almost.  Several times this week, I've heard him say something along the lines of, "You are 'upposed to have milk with dinner."  Or "Mommy, you are not 'upposed to tickle me after I say 'Please, stop!'" Love it!  One of the few mispronunciations left.  And you better believe that I have not corrected him one bit!  He is definitely growing up.

So, I will cling to mini moments like these.


1 comment:

  1. I know what you mean about the cute mispronunciations! Chris has started saying his R sound more like a "big boy" and I am proud but sad at the same time :) I LOVE LOVE the signing video! He reeeeeaaallly means it!!! :) Go Jude! I love that spark in their eye when they realize they can get you to understand what they mean. So so awesome.

    ReplyDelete