Thursday, August 25, 2011

Been Thinking

I have been trying to figure out if what I'm about to state is actually true.  This is the FIRST time in 30 or so years that I have not gone Back to School.  As a student and then a teacher, I have had at least 30 first days of school.  That is CRAZY!!  No wonder I felt a bit anxious and funny inside beginning last week.....when teachers reported back, and then this week when the kids came (already slipping...) went back.  Hard to believe I am not teaching this year.  I am OK with it.  I really am.  I think. *wink*

Things just didn't fall into place to make a part time teaching gig work this year.  I (we) are committed to no childcare, if possible, as we were with Eli.  When I went back to work after Eli, things just clicked.  The ideal job, with the ideal amount of hours, and best of all, Eli came too!  I had him at school with me.  Perfect.  When that wasn't going to work this time with Jude, it was a no-brainer.  I'm staying home.  And I honestly know that it is what is best.  For all of us.  I am still doing after school tutoring and my schedule is pretty full already. It is a blessing, and I'm happy that I get to use my math skillllz a bit each day in addition to my mommy-ing and housekeeping (not sure I'm actually skilled in this dept.) skills.  Today was Jude and I's first morning together....just us....since the summer started.  And I am totally loving it.  We are working on finding our new rhythm and routine, but I really think I'm going to like it. 

So even though it feels a bit funny to not be back in school.  I know I'm where I'm supposed to be in this season of my life. 

No comments:

Post a Comment