Monday, December 29, 2008

Coming Down from a Merry Christmas

I'd like to think that we are officially coming down from our December Frenzy. With Eli, Matt, and Jesus all celebrating birthdays within 5 days of each other....it has been intense.

But in a good way.

To try and recap...we left Friday the 19th to head to Dunedin. Eli was amazing...probably the best he's ever been...on the ride down. He was super excited to see the Carsons...so much so that he woke up enough to play for an hour before crashing around 1 a.m.

The next morning, we headed to the zoo for Eli's official birthday. The entire Carson and Ward crew met up with my sister, Theresa and her hubby + his parents. I found it amusing to stand back and watch 11 adults walk around the zoo with a 2 year old. He is lucky to be loved by so many. High points of the zoo trip were the penguins and feeding the giraffe. And if you ask Eli about it, he'll probably tell you that the giraffe licked his hand.


(to turn on captions, click the dialogue box)

Sunday, Matt and I got the go with Mark and Matt's dad to watch the Tampa Bay Bucs lose. I took some great pics, but they're on my MIL's camera...and I forgot to have her send them to me....oops!
Tuesday was Matt's birthday. We had a yummy dinner out and then delicious Gooey Butter Cake. Mmmmmm!

Then, of course, it was Christmas Eve and Christmas.
I don't think I ever did feel all that spirited. I guess I just got bogged down by all the tasks and present buying this year (I had a tough time finding "perfect" gifts for some loved ones...never did). AND Eli seemed to start to act greedy and selfish after getting so many gifts these past two weeks thanks to birthday parties and Christmas. I tried to take time and think about why we celebrate, but it wasn't evident enough for me to be able to actually "get" it. I am inspired by those who are able to do both the gift thing with children and still keep their focus on Christ. I failed miserably this year. Pointers, anyone?
Wii and Rockband kept everyone entertained Christmas Eve.


And Christmas morning....WOW! Eli was spoiled rotten! Again...in a good way. He had so many presents to open...and he really didn't like opening them all that much. I honestly think he could have gotten just a few things and been content. He really did love each present. He wanted to play with each thing right then and there. Some of the favorites were his trike, a Handy Dandy Notebook, a Plasma Car, and his kitchen (which Santa left at home because it was too big to have to bring back.)


(click the dialogue box if you'd like to see the captions)

After all that fun, we got to come home and celebrate Christmas with my family.

Saturday, we headed to the lake to celebrate (one last time...) with our extended family. It is always so much fun to be with everyone, and it was a beautiful day.

Now...finally...back to a bit of normalcy. If there is such a thing...

1 comment:

  1. KT, you're so pretty! Looks like you all had a blast. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete