Friday, December 5, 2008

"No Nigh-Nigh!"

A peek in to our conversation as we drove home this afternoon:

Mommy: When we get home, buddy, it is nap time.

Eli: I not deepy, Mommy. (Eli-ese for "I'm not sleepy.") I wake!

Mommy: Well, we're going to go nigh-nigh when we get home.

Eli: nope

Mommy: yes

Eli: no

Mommy: You can keep saying no, but I will keep saying yes.

Eli:
No nigh-nigh. (BIG yawn....BIG pause....) I tired, Mommy.


Mommy: Oh really? (to myself...) I had no idea.

I guess my preparation for the nap paid off. He went upstairs without a fight and climbed in bed (only after I lifted him in, but he climbed out and wanted to get in all by himself. "I do it.") I went up to check on him and this is how I found the little guy. Don't you just love to find them asleep with books? He likes to read his favorites until sleep overtakes him. A boy after his Mommy's heart. Many nights, Matt has to nudge me and tell me to put my book down and turn off the light. :)
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment