Monday, December 1, 2008

Thanksgiving Weekend Wrap-up

So....where to begin? I feel like so much has gone on since I last posted, and that is probably because a lot has!

Thanksgiving was so relaxing and yummy. After us girls got up to run the Turkey Trot, we made quick work of preparing THE meal. We tried some new dishes and ended up with quite a spread. I think Eli ate his fair share of the stuffed celery!

check out his curls!!!

We were sad to be minus Theresa, Ricky, and Susanna, but we know they had a wonderful dinner with friends in Colorado. With Christmas coming, we'll all be together before we know it!

After stuffing ourselves, we headed out to play some "cornhole." Matt and Grandpa Snyder made a new set of boards just for this weekend. So fun!

Friday morning we all took it easy and then headed out to our aunt and uncle's lake property for a surprise party for our cousin, Robert. He was thoroughly surprised!! Despite rainy conditions, Eli had a blast playing with all the cousins.


Saturday was gameday! The UF vs FSU showdown was here in Tallahassee, and we were lucky enough to have access to the sky boxes.

It POURED before, during, and after the game. We stayed dry...for the most part...until the walk home. Luckily the game was a blow out and the Gators earn yet another year of bragging rights. It sure makes living in Tallahassee as a Gator a LOT easier!! So even though we got soaked on the walk back, we were too happy and busy celebrating to mind.

And now that Thanksgiving is over, I have to kick it into high gear to plan Eli's 2nd birthday party. I can't believe it is time. I think I have waited to the last minute to organize the details due to my denial of how quickly the year has flown by.

Our little boy is turning into a very vocal chatterbox making us laugh and smile daily. He really does say the darndest things!

And then I have to start Christmas shopping...oh yeah. I'm sure it will be a busy and stressful month, but all in a good way. Whenever I start to feel anxious about all I have to accomplish in just a few short weeks, I turn on Christmas music and my worries are gone. One of these days, we'll get our act together and decorate. It is all good. Really...all good. We thank God for all he has blessed us with. The decorating, shopping, party planning, and don't forget, Christmas cards are such little things in a world of so much BIGGER...and they will ALL fall into place.

Happy Advent to you all!

_

2 comments:

  1. Hey Katie--it's Jennifer. I love looking at your pictures/blog--Eli's getting so big, I can't believe he is going to be 2! I'll be home from Jax on the 13th/14th--we will have to make a trip to Brueggers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Christmas music, too! And I love your family. You guys are all so darned cute.

    ReplyDelete