Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Oh Fall...

Oh fall, how I love thee!  You are definitely my favorite season.  And for so many reasons. I love the cooler, crisp temperatures, I love fall smells, I love the colors, I love fall food and flavors, I love the holidays in fall, I love football, I love, I love, I love!  I love it all. I am trying right now to think of one part of fall that I don't like.  Nope.  Can't think of any.


Fall foods trump all other seasons' flavors in my book.  Winter is a kinda-not-really close second.  Then....wayyyyy on down there are summer and spring.

I have already outed myself as one who loves all things pumpkin...treats, especially. You know how much I enjoy my pumpkin spice lattes. Surprisingly, I don't enjoy pumpkin pie, but I think that is a pie thing, not a flavor thing.  And I tried a pumpkin pasta recipe one time that I was not a fan of....but other than that, I haven't met a lot of pumpkin goodies that I don't like.  My most recent pumpkin love is pumpkin ice cream from Brusters (with hot fudge!) Oh my word, YUM!  Jude couldn't get enough either and would scream at me if I took two bites in a row without giving him a nibble. 


Now, pumpkin is not the only fall food I've been indulging in lately.  I have been branching out and making other yummy fall flavored recipes.  Two recent hits in our house were Butternut Squash Soup.....

 
Matt was surprised how much he liked it.  He didn't even know he liked butternut squash.  Jude smacked his lips and couldn't get enough of it.  Eli....not a fan.  Well, he isn't a fan of soup, so he doesn't count.  Overall, a hit all around.


Another hit.  Don't know why it took me so long to try Nutella.  I had heard all the rave reviews, but we are now a Nutella loving household.  Eli is what you would call a HUGE fan!

Mmmm!  In addition to taking advantage of the tastes of fall, we are trying to soak up and enjoy the cooler temps and blue sky days we've had this past week.  We made our way to another festival on Saturday....not too far from home, The St. Mark's Stone Crab Festival.

Lots of fun things to see, yummy seafood, amazing people watching, and entertainment for the kids.  Eli continues to love dress-up and playing pretend.  With Halloween around the corner, it has been the perfect excuse to dress up even more. Face paint and dress up go hand in hand, so our new little Scooby Doo fan wanted to get his face painted as a.....

MONSTER!
 
So scary!!  He absolutely LOVED it.  In the past, Eli has almost always turned down face paint.  He just hasn't been into it.  Well, I'd say he is now a fan. What started out as a simple monster mask on the top half of his face, soon became an elaborate, full-face creation.  

 
 

I think the face painter got a little carried away, but Eli was thrilled.  He kept worrying about everyone having their pants scared off when they saw him. Hilarious!  And let me tell you, it was not easy to get off that night either.  We had an Adam Lambert look-alike with all of the stubborn black makeup around his eyes.  Thank goodness for Mommy's eye-makeup remover.

Holidays are definitely more fun with little ones.  Yay for Halloween and...
YAY for FALL!!

1 comment:

  1. What a cool looking moster!! Must try the Nutella bread...we are addicts here :)

    ReplyDelete