Friday, October 7, 2011

Just a Week

Wow. What a week we've had.  Not much to report, but at the same time, super busy.  Crazy how that happens.  The days, as long as they can seem, zoom by and then the week is gone.

I've been struggling with my "at home" routine in the mornings.  Jude's all over the place nap schedule is the major culprit, but he is sleeping better at night.  Finally.  I am feeling in a rut, but at least my house is clean.  Haha.  Kinda.  Won't bore you with the ins and outs of our mornings, but I am definitely one that enjoys routine with a bit of spontaneous mixed in....and that is NOT what has been happening lately.  Lots of whatever and lazing.  Little inspiration and just plain old boring sometimes.  I'm trying to find the energy to clean at least one thing each day...gives me incentive to get up and do something.  One day, I'll get it figured out...but for now, I'll keep on keeping on.

browned butter pumpkin spice treats
Thank goodness for Pinterest to bring a little excitement and inspiration to my days.  I see others being creative and it makes me feel a little better....even if it isn't me.
cake batter rice krispie treats
 Haven't done many any of the crafts I've "pinned," but I have tried some recipes.  So far, I've been on a rice krispie treat kick. These have been great Gator Game Day yummies....with some orange and blue sprinkles, of course.  Both had subtle flavors that didn't overwhelm.  I think I preferred the pumpkin ones, but both were delish!


I also whipped up this baby this week for dessert.  An apple-cream cheese bundt cake that was a lot of work, but it was good.


Still trying to decide if it was worth the effort.  At least it looked pretty. 

Last weekend was beautiful!!!  The fall weather came back for a visit, and we did a lot outdoors to just soak it up.  Soccer on Saturday morning (Eli was a little less into the game this time.  It was all about running with the pack.  Who cares where the ball was...he ran with airplane arms and all.  Hilarious and so fun!) and the Jr. Museum in the afternoon.
 

Then we headed out to Marianna on Sunday for a fort-building, marshmallow war, tree climbing kinda birthday party.  Picture perfect weather for such a fun day.  



While Eli was hard at work and play, Jude was ready to get down out of Mommy's arms for a bit.  We found a sunny spot, free of cow patties, to stretch out a bit.  He was intrigued by the wildflowers.


Such a sweet boy.  Don't know if you caught my mention earlier that he is actually starting to sleep better at night.  Only wakes up once and every once in a while, not at all.  Now I have to learn how to sleep through the night again. I still think that he is working on those eye teeth.  They will be popping out any day now.  We recently discovered corn on the cob as a fabulous teether. 


Yeah, he loves it.  Tasty and it feels good on those gums too.

In other news....the cooler weather got me up off my booty. I (finally) went running  for the first time since Jude was born.  Ran with the stroller and everything.  10 minutes without stopping.  Go me.  I may or may not have almost barfed when I finished.  The jiggly body didn't feel good either as it wiggled and jiggled with each stride.  Baby steps back into the world of a toned post-baby body.  I'm going to try and make the Turkey Trot my first running goal.  Now, I just have to convince myself to get out there again and again. 

Here's hoping for another fun and beautiful weekend.  Hope you are able to get out and enjoy it.  Go Gators!!  (Yes, I know LSU will likely stomp us, but I still bleed orange and blue!)

1 comment: