Monday, October 17, 2011

11 Months, Oh My!

I have been a little depressed and delaying this post as it means it is real.  It means that Jude is almost 1.  My baby is almost 1.  I can't get over it.  Sigh.


Jude continues to be a light in our lives and is showing signs that he isn't a little baby any more.  He does big boy things everyday.  Like finding a fabulous center of balance.  He is letting go more and more on his own, squatting and trying to stand back up.  Maybe he will be walking sooner than I think.  I am not worried about the trouble he'll get into when he walks...he is already a speed crawler and trouble maker/finder.  I have caught him climbing up on tables and such.  He's a mess!  I don't want to admit my little mischief maker is old enough to walk.


Jude has become very verbal this month.  He loves the sound of his voice....especially loud.  He squeals, yells, sings, talks all kinds of gibberish, mimics us, and yes, he says some real words too.  His favorite word (and toy...) is "ball." "Mama" is another favorite word these days.  Some of the new words he is working on are: bye-bye, light, Eli, brother, go, dog, and many more.  He really thinks he is carrying on conversations right along with us.


He continues to sign and is definitely understanding a lot of what we say to him. He can follow some simple directions.  I love how he tries to copy us by talking on the phone and using the remote to change channels. 


This boy's giggle is to die for and melts my heart.  He flashes those 4 teeth and lets out a big belly laugh.  He is so ticklish! 


And yes, he also continues to eat well and is willing to try any and all foods.  Jude is a little beggar boy.  If you are eating and he isn't, be prepared to share whatever it is you are having with him.  He has a super cute habit of smacking his lips when he is enjoying his food.  Lately, he has decided to throw food on the floor when he is finished or if doesn't like it (or just isn't in the mood for it.) I'm not a fan of this...trying to get him to sign "all finished" instead, but he's stubborn. Though he has many food signs in his repertoire, he'd rather whine or fuss for more.  In addition to his meals and snacks, he is still nursing 4-5 times each day.


Sleep has been going pretty well.  He can sleep through the night, but it only happens once, maybe twice, a week.  He usually naps twice a day, but lately, it is all over the place.  His morning nap is typically great, and the afternoon one is so often interrupted and disrupted by errands and brother's activities, that I don't know what to expect from one day to the next. 


Hard to believe, I know, but this month, this sweet little thing has learned to throw a mini-fit to express his dissatisfaction.  If I take something away or lay him down before he is ready, he will throw a nice little fit.  Thankfully it is short lived. I think he may have learned this new trick from big brother.


This has honestly been one of the fastest years of my life, for sure.  We are beginning to plan a low-key birthday bash to celebrate sweet, Jude next month.  The countdown to 1 has begun.  (*sniff sniff*)


No comments:

Post a Comment