Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Daddy's Day

A little behind on posting about our Father's Day weekend at SGI, but finally getting around to it.

Eli, Jude and I celebrated our Daddy before hitting the road. Over Memorial Day, Dada's tackle box was stolen, so we got him a new one with all kinds of goodies inside. We wanted him to be able to use his new gear during the weekend, so it was better to celebrate early. Eli had a ball picking out what he felt was essential to Daddy's new tackle.



And I had a ball choosing some of my favorite recent photos to frame for his office.



Eli also spent a few days that week working on his "World's Best Dad" banner...started out with crayon rubbings of leaves, then he painted water colors over that, decided on what to write, sounded it out with Mommy, and voila!




Matt deserves all that and so much more. He truly is an amazing Father to our boys and a pretty fabulous hubby too. I don't think I could ask for anything more. I heart him.

Our beach weekend was gorgeous and spent with my parents, Aunt Kristi and Uncle Steve. So many sweet beachy moments.













A couple of years ago, my dad introduced Eli to something called "Order of the Stick." It could also appropriately be called "Wear Eli out on the Beach After Dinner." Basically, they (boys only!) take walking sticks, walk/run up and down the beach, and every once in a while, put the stick in the air and shout, "Order of the Stick!!"







Eli loves it! (...and it works to wear him out for bed.) Jude was invited for his first walk at dusk with the boys. He loved the sound of the waves and the breeze in his face.

Overall, this was not a great trip to the beach for Jude. He decided he wanted to be held all day long, and did NOT WANT ANY THING to do with hanging out on the beach.



Oh my goodness, he was crackin' me up! And I'm totally lovin' his hat too. It belonged to my youngest sister, Susanna, and I just had to get some pictures of Jude wearing it....especially on Father's Day weekend.



It really was a great weekend getaway (as usual....SGI is our perfect place to getaway to on the weekends) and a nice Father's Day. We were lucky to spend the day with my dad too.

Father's Day is the perfect time to express my gratitude for the amazing men in my life.
Thank you, Matt. Thank you for being a wonderful husband and father.

Thank you, Daddy (a.k.a. Grandpa). Thank you for being a terrific father to me and a fun and loving grandfather to our boys.

And thank you, Ken (a.k.a. Pap Pap). Thank you for being such a great father-in-law (& father to Matt) and another fun and loving grandfather to our boys.

So incredibly blessed.




2 comments:

  1. I love the banner Eli made! You are so creative and such a great mommy! The pictures of Jude at the beach are awesome. Great post Katie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Katie, I love the little set of pictures of little Jude -- he looks like a tiny little angry old man :D So adorable. You take such great pictures! I am lucky if I remember to snap a couple of phone pictures during an outing :)

    ReplyDelete