Thursday, June 16, 2011

Angry Birds!!

So, many MANY of us are Angry Bird fans and addicts, right? If you are not an "app" user and don't know what Angry Birds is, it is a fun and addictive app that we play on my Ipod Touch. In the game, players use a slingshot to launch birds at green pigs and try to "pop" them. Or at least, that is what we call it. Even Eli likes to get in on the action. I just love how he concentrates when he plays and how excited he gets when he pops all the pigs. So when I saw this fun outside activity on a blog I follow, I knew I had to try it.



First we drew our pigs and some blocks for them to stand on. Don't you just love the blue cowboy hat that Eli drew on this pig?





Once all our pigs were in place, it was time to fill some water balloons and create our ANGRY BIRDS to launch.



Oh yeah! Time to show those pigs who's boss!! Eli was a tad bit excited, can you tell?





Ready? Aim! Fire!!!





Afterwards we cooled off and celebrated our victory over those pigs with a popsicle on the front stoop.





It was so much fun that we had to do it again when Eli's buddy, Kent, came over for a play date this week. I think we created another fan. "Can we make more balloons?" Can't tell you how many times these two "Super Friends" asked me to make more.













Truly a blast! Definitely an activity worth trying out if you have any Angry Bird fans in your house.

(Don't forget to pick up all of the popped balloon pieces to be sure no actual birds get hurt.)


1 comment:

  1. O.M.G I love this sooo much!! We are going to copy!! Love Kents outfit and mask!! Thanks again KT!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete