Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Don't You Just Love It?

Don't you just love short work weeks? I know I do! Thanks to a lovely Labor Day weekend at the beach, we have only 2 days left this week. Ahhhh!

Today started out crazy with a phone call coming in from my dad that I let go to voice mail because I was teaching. He left a message, so I figured I needed to check it. Come to find out, my oldest sister, Kristen (a.k.a. Aunt Kristi) was in the hospital and needed to have her appendix removed. Thankfully, she had a quick and successful surgery and is already on the road to recovery! Thank you, Lord! Just when you think it is going to be a short, easy week, huh?

We did have an excellent weekend at the beach. It was supposed to rain quite a bit of the weekend, but we didn't see any storm clouds until Monday when we decided to slowly pack up and head home anyways. The only downside of the weekend was the little cold bug that Eli picked up from school...gotta love the "back-to-school germs." Boo! He/We tried hard not to let it ruin his fun and got him out in the sun, sand and surf as much as possible.



Saturday, Matt organized the 1st Annual Labor Day Cornhole Tournament that 6 teams of two competed in. It was a double elimination tournament with intense competition, not enough smack talk, and a lot of fun.



This is a shot from the championship game and sums it all up as Steve (of Team Kristen & Steve) sunk his 3rd consecutive beanbag in the hole. I love the sense of celebration and disappointment all at the same time. Team Kristen & Steve came out on top with full bragging rights for the year and Nick & Mona came in second. We plan to make it a yearly event and welcome any and all interested teams to join the tourney next year!

Later that evening, we settled in to listen to the Gators kick-off another football season. And even though we didn't get to see the game, it sure sounded impressive. I know we didn't play a powerhouse team, but still...


As usual, everyone is forced to relax and enjoy each others' company at the beach. With no TV, we only have each other, games, reading material, music, and of course...the beach....to keep us entertained. No one ever seems to complain.


Check out those sickly eyes...obviously didn't slow him down TOO much.
Lovin' the giant hole....He took many flying leaps into it.


I hope your Labor Day was as peaceful and pleasant as ours. Go Gators!

p.s. i know i have my blog settings for a widescreen display, so some of you may not see my sidebar. i have added some new eli-isms over there and have decided to date them from now on. scroll on down to find 'em if you want a little giggle. i wish i could remember and quote him more often! :)


3 comments:

  1. Looks like you had so much fun! I hope Eli is feeling better! And I LOVE his latest Eli-ism.....he is too funny!!

    love you all!
    (Aunt) Kate

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE "Whe I grow up..." too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope Kristin is having a quick recovery and will pray for her.

    ReplyDelete