Friday, May 23, 2008

In Case You Were Wondering...

The boys did GREAT on their trip to Dunedin. Despite Eli's frustration with the car seat after a few hours in the car, they managed to have an amazing visit. Sounded like everyone had a really good time and tears were shed as it was time to go. Eli got lots of lovin' from the grandparents, aunts, and uncle. I really do think the boys bonded on the trip. Eli has been so sweet to his Dada this week. Giving away lots of hugs and kisses and even resting his head on his shoulder when sitting next to each other. It is the sweetest.
_________
_
Eli hanging out at the Grandparents' House. ___________Doesn't he look like a doll in the box? ____


Chillin' with Dada and Grandpap ___________________Signing "Dada"

(pics courtesy of Grandma Carson)

My retreat at the beach was nice and productive. If all goes according to plan, youth group should be lots of fun next year.

And as a byproduct of last weekend's getaway, Eli is officially weaned. He didn't even think twice about it while gone, but Monday and Tuesday were rough. (He was SO sad!) I almost caved in...but overall, we decided we had come too far to start back up. He was only nursing in the mornings, but he, I mean we, really loved it. I have to be honest and admit that I miss it. I miss our relaxing hour of sitting on the couch while Eli nursed on and off. It also meant I didn't have to make breakfast right away, where as now, he's ready to eat sooner. Ahhh...our little boy is growing up in so many ways....right before our very eyes.

This week hasn't been too eventful. Just our usual daily routine.... We're excited about another trip to St. George for Memorial Day with some family and friends. I'm sure they'll be pictures and stories to share.

1 comment:

  1. Okay, the picture of the "doll in a box" is hilarious and soooooo cute! Also, even though I nursed James about 5 or 6 times a day, up until he was 19 months old, when I cut him off cold turkey, I kind of do miss it now.

    Thirdly, isn't it fun to work with the youth at church? I just accepted the job (unpaid of course) of being the leader for the girls, aged 12 -17, in our area. They are so great! I'm sure your youth are lucky to have you as a leader.

    ReplyDelete