Wednesday, May 7, 2008

EUREKA!

We finally solved "The Mystery of the Missing Pool!" For those of you who may not remember, we bought an inflatable pool for Eli last summer...he barely used it being so little, but we planned to get a lot of use out of it this summer. When the weather started warming up, I began to search in our crazy garage for it. It was NO WHERE to be found! The last place to look for it was at the beach.

***But surely it won't be there...we have a plastic pool down there. I'm sure we brought our other one back home...right???***

While at the beach this weekend, I looked where I thought it might be to no avail. Oh well...we'll just have to buy a new one. I already found an inexpensive one that folds and stores nicely that I'd like to buy. I'll head to Target this week.... As I was walking out of the utility room, about to lock up before heading back to town, I looked to my left. EUREKA! The pool was hiding under a half-deflated raft. I grabbed the grimy pool and yelled to Matt, "Guess what I found?!?"

Since then, I've inflated it, cleaned it, and filled it while Eli naps so that when he's done with lunch, the water has been warmed perfectly by our friend, the sun. The last two days, he has played wonderfully in it...loving every minute. I've even been able to tutor some students outside while he plays. Once he figured out how to get in & out, it was back and forth from the sand to the water. And again, the morning after his first dip in the pool, Eli said (and signed at the same time) "WA WA!" as we are coming down the stairs because he saw the pool on the back porch.

I'd say he likes it!

No comments:

Post a Comment