Friday, December 11, 2009

Whew!

Crazy, but true story.

A tornado briefly touched down in my parents back yard on Wednesday.

We are amazingly blessed that there was only a lot of tree damage and one broken window. It could have been a whole heck of a lot worse. And we feel lucky that my mom was not home when it happened. I can only imagine how scary that would have been to go through alone.

So, everyone is fine, and the house is too. Now it is just a big mess to clean up. No fun! I will be back soon with some pictures of the aftermath...

Until then, you can check out the story in our newspaper. If you read the story, be sure to notice my dad standing in the background of the twisted tree picture in his scrubs.

*Today, the storm was officially confirmed as a tornado about a half mile wide with winds maxing out at 80 mph...whoa!*

No comments:

Post a Comment