Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Secrets

I have two secrets.

Secret #1: I've been listening to Christmas music since Halloween. Yup, I was one of those people this year. Long-time blog readers may remember my lack of Christmas Spirit last year due to stresses both within and beyond my control. I was determined not to let that happen this year...so I started early. The music has made me happy, and I am totally feeling the Spirit so far. Also, to relieve the holiday stress, we started our shopping early this year. We're almost finished! And as for the tree...it went up before we left for Thanksgiving (#2). I haven't gotten many of our other decorations out or up, but the tree is the only one I really need to feel festive.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

I am also trying to get some Advent activities for Eli and I to do together. We are hoping to keep the true meaning Christmas alive in our home.

Secret #2: I'm freaking out a little bit that Eli's birthday is coming up. Not because of party planning or presents buying, but because my little baby is turning 3!!!! I don't why it is hitting me so hard, but it is. 1 was a big deal, and 2 was fun...but went by quickly. There is just something about my little dude turning 3 that has me hoping the month goes by slowly, but I know it won't.

Photobucket

Not sure if I'm ready to be the Mommy of a 3 year old...even if he is absolutely wonderful and precious one moment...and full of mischief the next.

Photobucket
(yes....he is....he is painting his own face at our school's Fall Festival.)
Photobucket

He's a handful, but he's our handful, and we can't imagine life any other way.

2 comments:

  1. Such a sweet post! I feel the EXACT same way about 3 :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i pulled out the music that early last year...i really needed it then:)...i felt the same way when both of the boys turned 3...i'm trying so hard to enjoy each minute w/them

    ReplyDelete