Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Christmas Central

So, yeah...I still haven't gotten the pictures from my parents yard for you to see. Sorry.

Lately, the Advent season has been keeping us busy as we prepare for Christmas. So far, so good with me keeping my cheerful spirit in tact. I have been staying up a little too late making,


baking,


wrapping,


shopping (online, of course),


and doing all things Christmas.

I have recently developed a recurring eye twitch that is 100% related to the amount of sleep I get. I am not sure why I cannot get to bed earlier. All I know is that I seem to be very productive during the late night hours. And tonight's challenge will be to finish our Christmas cards.


I don't know what my problem is with these this year. Wait a minute. Yes, I do. I am not a fan of this chore. I adore getting Christmas cards in the mail, but I am not a fan of sending them. But, I know if I don't send 'em, I won't get them. I have had all the stuff and my list of recipients ready for a couple of weeks, but I have put it off (along with cleaning the house and the laundry).

Besides the cards, the only other major Christmas preparation task is wrapping. I am also a huge fan of a beautifully wrapped package and am obsessed with ribbons and hanging "to/from" tags. Obsessed sounds a little harsh, but I am super into the presentation.


But because of this, I end up spending (probably) too much time on each package. If I don't start cranking out the gift wrapped packages, I will never get it all finished.

And last, but certainly not least, I can't forget to mention that we are a mere 4 days away from the BIG day.

Eli (who is working overtime these days trying to get onto Santa's "naughty" list...grrrr....) will be 3 on Sunday. It is destined to be a day all about Eli. Whatever his little heart desires. We opted not to do a party (feel the stress lifting...) this year, but we still plan to do it up for our little man. Hard to believe that 3 years ago today, we watched our due date come and go...we awaited ever so patiently for his arrival. Boy, do we love this kid.
_

2 comments:

  1. I remember those days very well .. wanting everything to be perfect :-) I always stayed up too late. For some reason, when the "kids" were in bed (Ken included), I found new energy. The day itself was done and this was MY time. Be careful not to burn your candle at both ends .. altho, I know I did at times :-)

    Love,
    Mom C

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Bday to Eli. Can't wait to see pics of the wonderful day.

    ReplyDelete