Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Feeling Like Fall

Finally! We had a perfectly wonderful cold snap last weekend that lasted on into this week. It came just in time for our trip down to Dunedin to see the grandparents and aunts. We spent most of our time outside enjoying the beautiful weather. This of course leads to incredible amounts of picture taking...bear with me during this picture intensive post.

Saturday, we lazed around the house, and then hurried to get ready for the Fall Festival put on by our church down in Dunedin. It is HUGE!


It always impresses me that a church and school can pull off such a huge event and fundraiser. Eli loved everything!

The rides.....


the games....


the prizes...


and of course, the fair food!


His favorite rides seemed to be the Ferris Wheel


and these spinning dragons.


It was great to spend time with Pap Pap and MeeMaw.


They always spoil him just enough. I'm not sure who enjoys the visits more....


It was fun to have Aunt Kate join us at the festival as well....she loves to be silly with Eli...and he, of course, goes right along with it.


Pap Pap is silly too!!


Finally the boy tuckered out enough to head home for a nap.


But as soon as he woke up, it was Gator game time!


I bit my nails and could barely watch as the boys kept their cool and swam in the heated pool (until Eli's lips eventually turned blue...) while the Gators squeaked out a victory against Arkansas.


I'm really hoping that it will be the wake up call we need to succeed in back-to-back championships!!

Sunday was more fall perfect weather, and after church, the boys and I geared up for some more football. Eli's first Tampa Bay Buccaneers game! He was very excited all morning and the excitement continued throughout the game...except for the times he was too overwhelmed to do anything but stare in awe at all that was going on around him. He loved the game...but mostly the pirate and his ship.

I took WAY too many pictures, so I made a slide show of the best. I don't know what it was about the beautiful day and the contrast of the red and black...but I just kept snapping away.



I think we officially wore him out as he took nearly 4 hour naps both Monday and Tuesday this week. I know we are all looking forward to the next time we are all together again. With all the events and excitement of the weekend, our weekends around here will likely pale in comparison.


6 comments:

  1. Is that the OLL fall festival?! I almost went this year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was a perfect weekend .. wish we could do it over and over again. You tell such a great story through pictures. Thank you.

    Love,
    Grandma C

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was SUCH a fun weekend and went by way too fast!! I love you and miss you all so much! Hope to see you in Tally in Januray!!!

    Love, Kate

    ReplyDelete
  4. It was SUCH a fun weekend and went by way too fast!! I love you and miss you all so much! Hope to see you in Tally in Januray!!!

    Love, Kate

    ReplyDelete
  5. What GREAT pictures Katie! Looking pretty professinal! Glad you had a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love, love, love the pictures! You need to tell me how to make them so big! Your camera is awesome, or is it the photographer? =)

    ReplyDelete