Thursday, October 8, 2009

Again???

Eli was home sick again this week. UGH!!! He woke up Tuesday morning with another fever that stuck around all day and into the night. Fortunately it broke by morning, and we were finally back to school today. So far, Eli has been sick 10 days in the last couple of weeks. Enough is enough. Prayers that my boy is actually better for real this time.


We found a lot of time to read while home all of those days. One of Eli's favorite stories lately is the Gingerbread Man. I made the felt board characters for this one, and it was "love at first listen" for Eli. We have read several versions....


You can now hear Eli run around the house chanting, "Run, run as fast as you can. You can't catch me, I'm the Gingerbread Man!" That is his way of asking us to chase him. And we usually oblige.

Eli is into fairy tales in general right now. I checked out several stand alone tales from the library this past visit as well as a collection or two. He can retell The Gingerbread Man and The 3 Little Pigs.

We have also added reading his new Bible to his nightly routine. Eli picked out this Bible from several choices at the Christian Book Store last month. I was delighted in his choice as I had the same one (only the original edition) when I was a child. I have vivid memories reading the stories with my parents and talking about them. Eli is very interested in the Old Testament stories we have started with. He listens intently, looks at the pictures, and asks questions. We ask him questions as well. So far, he's into it, and that makes us smile.

1 comment:

  1. I'm so sorry to hear that Eli has been sick so often. You'd think he would have avoided the immune-system blitz usually brought on by going to school for the first time by going to the nursery before starting preschool... but I guess not. Lucky he's got such a great mommy to take care of him!

    ReplyDelete