Thursday, August 6, 2009

Getting It Together

Funny how you just all of a sudden kick it into gear, isn't it? This morning, Eli woke up almost an hour earlier than he has been the last several weeks. The first words out of my mouth were, "Are you kidding me?" After a L O N G and "fit"-filled morning, I finally paused long enough to realize that Eli is running a fever. It was as if I needed an excuse to do nothing today. I always feel a sense of urgency to get him out of the house, do fun things, find ways to fill our day. But when he's under the weather, it means we stay put. Can I tell you? I have accomplished so many little tasks around the house because I all of a sudden, had time. While I propped Eli on the couch with juice, a blanket, and Curious George, I kicked it into high gear....folding and putting away laundry, cleaning out Eli's closet and drawers, packing away clothes that don't fit, and tidied. Whoa! That is more than I've done in a while. The lazy days of summer have hit me hard! Of course, I spent time with the boy too. We did some puzzles, colored, and read lots of books. Since he's been down for a nap, I've mowed the yard and am now eying our overflowing pile of papers "to-be-filed".


If you peek behind my little bass-man, you can see just a little of the embarrassment I like to call the office. Maybe storage room is a better name. It just happens to be the room in which we keep all our files, books and computer too. One of these days, I hope to make it an office again....and maybe even add "craft room" to its name. One day....

But for now...back to work! Step 1 in reclaiming the office is sorting through the files. Gotta keep going before my drive and energy are gone! Happy Thursday!

No comments:

Post a Comment