Friday, January 3, 2014

Hello 2014: Getting Back in the Game

Photo source: https://www.eiu.com/public/topical_report.aspx?campaignid=Industries2014
I gave up blogging last month. December is a busy, fun, yet stressful month for most people, and for me it is no different. Most of you know, that on top of normal Christmas busy-ness, we have Eli and Matt's birthday in the same week as Jesus'.

Overall, this year was a rough one for me, for many reasons. And my Christmas joy was very, VERY hard to find. I wanted to find ways to simplify this season, so the blog was an easy thing to let go. We didn't do nearly as many activities as we have in the past. Eli didn't have a BIG birthday party (just a skating outing with a few buddies). And no blogging. I had to make some cuts to keep my sanity. 

I only feel mildly guilty about cutting them at all, but I'm officially over it and ready to move onto 2014. The year of taking care of ME. That may come across sounding rather selfish, but after years of putting the kids needs and health first, it is time to worry about me. I cannot put it off any longer. I will be making a lot of appointments in the coming weeks….for me.  From haircuts to doctors….maybe even a pedicure or facial. It is time to take care of me. If I don't….things may blow up in my face. Cause we all know…"if Momma ain't happy…."

In the meantime, I will see about getting back in the game with the blog. I will attempt to catch up on the big things (and maybe a few small, random things…) from last month and then move forward from there. And if I don't blog about it all, I am OK with that. I have to keep letting go and not stressing about the small stuff. Life goes on. I just have to keep loving on my kids (…and working on my self-control….any Orange Rhino fans out there??)

Hello 2014. Here's hoping it's great.

1 comment:

  1. Awww, sorry to hear you had a hard year. :( But I totally GET taking care of yourself: DO IT! :)

    ReplyDelete