Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Potty Time!

About a week and a half ago, Jude woke up and announced that he wanted to wear underwear! I jumped on that and decided that if he was ready, I was ready....though I wasn't sure he was really ready. He surprised me! His first day in undies, we were already out and about, and he did wonderfully. I guess he was ready.

We have done it without much of a reward system either. We run run run to the potty and say how excited we are....and then we give a few "woo hoo's", lots of applause, and some high fives when he's all finished. Flushing is his favorite part. "Bye bye, pee pees!"

Number 2 proved a bit more difficult. I did resort to chocolate as a bribe (one Hershey kiss), but after a few days, he got it. "I doin it!" 


 Thank goodness. Poopy pants are no fun to clean up. Icky. 

So here, in week 2 of underwear, he is averaging 1 (sometimes zero!!) accidents a day. At 2 years 5 months, I'm calling that a success. I think it has been harder on Mommy as nature always seems "to call" when I'm nursing Jonah. Potty training is tough when you have a newborn too, but it has been worth it, for sure!


He loves his big boy underwear and adores peeing outside. He will often request to go pee pee in the grass or on the ants instead of going in the potty....when we are inside.  He had some initial stage fright, but that is definitely a thing of the past. The boy will go anywhere. And while wearing a party hat...doesn't everyone wear a party hat to go potty? Another funny is that when he pees in dirt, he says he is making coffee....cause it looks like coffee. Ha! Love him and his cutie booty in (and out of) undies. 

Go, Jude, go! Proud of you, buddy!!


No comments:

Post a Comment