Saturday, January 19, 2013

Home Stretch

Down to one month until Baby Blueberry makes his grand entrance into the world....unless he decides to come early. As of last week, we have a birthday: 
February 18th.  

And as soon as the date was on the books, I started getting upset and anxious about the surgery again. I wouldn't mind your prayers for a peaceful heart as the last 4 weeks pass.

So, I'm in the home stretch. I would be lying if I said I felt great, but no one wants to hear the gory details. Bottom line is, I've felt better. This has been my toughest pregnancy yet. I'm still walking Eli to school in the mornings, weather permitting. It was a rough one today, but I made it. And I don't plan to quit. Surprisingly, my aches and pains usually feel better after the walk. It is still a part of the day that I am grateful for....even if it is hard to get going some mornings.

Despite all the not fun parts of pregnancy, there are still some awesome things. Like feeling him move and roll around. I love watching my stomach do the wave and seeing body parts stick out. Baby gets the hiccups all of the time now...usually for just a couple minutes, but sometimes as long as 15 minutes. Eli will talk to sweet Blueberry, and Jude likes to give my tummy lots and lots of kisses. I think Jude just likes to see my funny belly button....which is pretty much out at this point.

I had an informal shower last weekend with a few girlfriends. It was low-key and perfect. Out for a yummy lunch and then some pampering. Nothing over the top. Just the way I like it.


I am blessed to have such sweet friends.
(Bryce, Thanks for taking some pictures I could steal use.)

The baby bump is still growing and growing. Starting to feel very very pregnant, but I guess that is because I am! 

Despite the nerves, I'm very much looking forward to 2/18. Lots and lots and lots to do around the house as we have done....eh....pretty much NOTHING to get ready for this baby. I'm still trying to get organized after Christmas.  Time to purge lots of rooms and get some baby stuff out. As soon as I find that energy, I'll get on it. I hope! And then there is the name issue....we have actually started talking a little more about it. Middle name is pretty much decided, but we are no where close to a first name. I have a feeling Blueberry will remain nameless for a day or two until we decide. But that is OK. Names are hard!

Until then, I'm praying for peace, comfort,...and no more swelling!

No comments:

Post a Comment