Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Toddler-In-Training

Just a glimpse into the past week or two at our house.  I have had to grab my camera to capture Jude's new talent as a "toddler-in-training."  Crazy that it didn't take long after he turned 1 to start making more mischief.  It is as if it happened overnight. 


What?  Who me?


I can reach the keys better from up here, Mom!  
(he pushed it over there to be able to get up higher...sneaky, sneaky!)


This stuff is fun!  What is it?


Check me out, yo!  I love climbing in brother's new car seat.

Discovering the joy of emptying out the cupboards. 

I have a suspicion that this year is going to be a crazy one and a fun one with this little stinker.  Totally looking forward to it.

When not keeping Stinker out of trouble this weekend, I figured out how to work with freezer paper to make cool custom t-shirts. I had read about it a while back, but hadn't tried it yet.  Holy cow!  It is awesome and overall, an inexpensive project that results in a fabulous product.  Pretty low on the difficulty scale too.  Eli had been invited to a Pinkalicious party and was asked to wear pink.  Hard to find pink shirts for a boy, so we made our own.  These started as a white shirt and onesie from Walmart:

 

Totally pleased with the results....

 

....even if Jude did get referred to as a "her."

Finally, on Friday night, Eli and I got dressed up for a date night to go see Seussical: the Musical. Such a fun show.  Eli sat so still and took it all in.  He has been to the theater once before, and both times he has loved it.
 

After the show, I decided to take Eli for ice cream to top off our date. Not the best idea as it was pretty late.  The first bowl got spilled (imagine sprinkles evvvvverywhere!!) and then he only took two bites of the second bowl before laying down on his seat.  So tired and so sweet.   

My boys keep me on my toes, keep me busy, and keep me laughing.  I am incredibly thankful for my toddler-in-training and my big boy.  Everyday. 


1 comment:

  1. oh my goodness. i love how pleased jude is with himself. that little smirk is too much. TOO MUCH!

    ReplyDelete