Saturday, July 16, 2011

Eight. What?

This one sneaked up.  I think it is summer that makes it seem like time is flying even faster, but Jude is now 8 months old.  Ahhhhh!


I've been OK each month as the 12th comes and goes, and Jude is another month older.  But not this month.  For whatever "crazy momma" reason, I was kinda sad that my baby is 2/3 of a year old.  8 months seems too big.  I am cherishing the snuggles and cuddles as much as possible.  With him being mobile now, I know he won't want too much of Momma soon. For now, I will accept (and kinda love) that he is a clingy Momma's Boy.  Although, since figuring out how to crawl all over, pull up, and get toys on his own, Jude has begun to play a bit better on his own.  He can entertain himself a little now....and is starting to try and keep up with his brother.


This crawling thing is hard work!

Jude is already making mischief.  Found him up on these boxes this week.  Just so stinkin' proud of himself. 


He is proud anytime he pulls himself up.  This week, I have watched him begin to cruise up and down the couch. There have even been a few attempts to let go, and then he plops down hard.  I will say that he can keep his balance well up on his knees.  Such a brave boy who is testing his abilities a lot these days.  I gonna go ahead and say that I think we may have a climber on our hands.


Jude is staying chunky, and I love it.  His weight gain has slowed a bit this month...I think he's around 19 pounds now and almost 27 inches long.  He has become very silly and giggly.  He is super ticklish...anywhere one can be ticklish, Jude is ticklish.  He gets excited watching big kids play and will flap his arms, clap, and squeal with delight.  Other favorite noises are "bah bah bah" as he bounces a toy or his fist against his mouth.  He will also flap his fingers in his mouth and lips to make funny noises.  He continues to "talk" and babble all kinds of sounds.  There seems to be some connection that Dada is the name for Daddy.  Last weekend, when asked, "Who is that?" as Daddy walked up, Jude...right on cue....said, "Dada."  Hasn't done it since, but hey, we can count it, right???


He is a big fan of Peek-a-Boo and loves that everyone wants to play that with him.  It makes him laugh and laugh.  Recently he has started to enjoy music and dancing.  Because he learned the sign for milk so early, I feel like he is not picking up on the whole waving thing.  It is so similar to "milk."  I have begun to work on some new signs with him this month and have introduced: more, all finished, eat, and water.


I know I have mentioned Jude's squealing abilities.  Along with that, he has become a very loud crier and will protest with a lovely banshee like cry.  Let's just say, I am not a fan.  We have discovered this guttural talent because anytime Momma walks out of a room or leaves him with someone else, he shows it off.  Daddy was brave and decided to let me go to my book club meeting ALONE.  Crazy idea, I know.  At first Jude did great, but then decided that bedtime without Momma is no fun.  And he let Matt know it.  Daddy did a fabulous job and everyone made it through unscathed.  We will definitely have to try that out more often. Yes, please!


In other in Jude news, he is kinda over the whole baby food thing.  He does not like me (or anyone else, for that matter...) to spoon pureed foods for him anymore.  I'm trying to use up what I've made and frozen so that it doesn't go to waste, but I have to sneak it in here and there.  Mostly, we are using the mesh fresh food feeder with soft cooked veggies and fruits.  Favorite foods so far seem to be melon and carrots.


In the past week, he is starting to self-feed a bit.  I had already been using puffs to help him work on his chewing, but now he has taken control of them. Though he misses his mouth a lot, he is getting a lot in there too. We find puffs stuck all over...his hands, his neck, inside his shirt, his legs. I think watching him chew is one of the cutest things EVER!


Now that Jude is "chewing" (can you call it chewing when you don't have but 2 teeth?) and getting food in his mouth a bit better, we may make the switch to super tiny table food soon.  Hoping that will help him eat a little more.  Overall, he isn't a big solid food eater.  I have yet to add a 3rd meal of the day as he just doesn't seem interested.  He is often more interested in grabbing the spoon to chew on and drop.  Yeah, he definitely has started playing the game of drop the toy/spoon and see how many times Mommy will pick it up for him.  He loves to watch it fall, see where it lands, and then makes an almost whining noise until I get it.  Mommy only plays that game for a little bit.  Haha!


I am definitely wrapped around this little boy's fingers.  When helping him settle in the middle of the night...even though I'm exhausted and missing my sleep, I can't help but feel so full of love.  


No comments:

Post a Comment