Friday, March 11, 2011

Peek into our Week

Jude has been on a "sleep strike" this week. The naps he has taken have been short and are usually in the car. This makes for an unfriendly blog week. Jude "the Dude" will likely wake up momentarily, so I must hurry. A picture post....on your mark, get set, GO!





Decent Chili was deemed, once again, as nothing more than decent at the Annual St. George Island Charity Chili Cook-Off. We didn't place, but it was well worth the effort and fun. Maybe our team name does not have enough confidence in it....hmmm....but I still love our logo! It was great having friends, new and old, stop by our booth to say hi, root us on, and sample our new recipe.





Too bad, Jude didn't turn out to be a good luck charm after all. And I think Eli brought home enough dirt and filth for us all. The bathwater that night was gray. Ick!




This week, we hit the 1 month mark for these two lovebirds. They will be married in, that's right, less than a month. In the words of my nephew, Asher, "Yapee!!!"



Trying to enjoy the earlier than usual spring temperatures by getting outside for some painting and fun. I feel like Eli is always choosing to wear these shorts (with stripes!)



While E man created watercolor masterpieces, the J man loved watching the wind in the tree tops.



The boys took sweet baths together this week. I adore the preciousness in the moments right after tub time. This frog and penguin love each other.



Favorite recent quotes from Eli about his brother: "Don't you just love having a baby, Mommy? I love having a baby." And while peeking in Jude's cradle one night. "Isn't he so sweet?"



I love that Eli has turned out to be an awesome big brother. He did try to pick Jude up this weekend while we were loading up to come home from the beach. I heard Jude crying, and when I got to the door, Eli ran to meet me in tears. "I hurt my brother." Turns out, Jude started fussing, and Eli wanted to help (once again, trying to be a good big brother.) When Eli tried to pick him up, Jude arched back, knocking Eli off balance and the two fell. Jude bonked his head. Eli said, "He was too heavy so I thought I could put him in his car seat and carry him around." Oh, the logic of a 4 year old. Thankfully, Jude was no worse for the wear. I found the little dude screaming with a paci hanging out of the corner of his mouth (sweet Eli tried to soothe him down with it...) Just a little scared. Eli now realizes that this was not a good choice, and you can bet we had an intense "Never pick up your brother!!!" kind of talk.
I'll leave you with one final picture from our week:



Darth Spidey!

So many things wrong with this, but a whole bunch of AWESOME all at the same time.

Enjoy your weekends, and I hope they are filled with laughter.

No comments:

Post a Comment