Monday, March 14, 2011

E-Mealz

***** ALERT *****
Baby boy is taking a morning nap....not in the car and not in my arms. Time for celebration and time for getting things done, like blog posts I've been meaning to get around to for a while now.
*********


Good morning friends! Hope you all are recovering from the loss of an hour with DST this weekend. I'm dragging, but hanging in there. It was beautiful here this weekend. We made the most of the lovely days and went to the Red Hills Horse Trials (insert pictures here....brought the camera, but left the memory card in the computer. BOO!) and the boys planted a spring garden. Loving springtime already!!

I have a fun time-saving tip to share this morning. We have been trying something new to get out of our dinner time rut around here. I know I've mentioned before that I feel like I cook the same things all of the time. After getting a tip from Aunt Ann (THANKS!!!), I discovered E-Mealz, and I love it. It is so reasonably priced and it takes all of the thinking out of meal planning and shopping.

Each week, I go on and download the menu and shopping list for the week. That is it! We tweak it to our family's preferences and such, but not much. The meals have been good....some are GREAT, and they are all easy. It doesn't take a lot of time to prep each one, and I'm adding a lot of quick and tasty meals to our permanent recipe collection.

Here's the low down: It is $5 a month, and you have to sign up for a minimum of 3 months...so $15, but I used the code DAVE (Dave Ramsey is a huge proponent of it and advertises for it on his radio show. We are Dave fans here!) and only paid $12.50. That is only a little over a buck a week for all of my meals being planned and my shopping list made for me. Totally worth it, in my opinion. The meals usually align with sales and deals at a few different grocery stores. You can pick what grocery store and what type of meal plan you would like. There are also several options...meals for 2, meals for a family, low fat, low carb, etc.

We are two months in, and so far we have definitely gotten our money's worth. I have been saving the meal plans and shopping lists for future use too. Yay! Can you tell, I'm pleased? Check it out!

No comments:

Post a Comment