Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Fun in the Kitchen

Some of the most fun Eli and I have had together this past week has been in the kitchen. Our creations included peanut butter playdough (thanks, Jill!) and personal pizzas.

There was no school last Friday, so Eli and I got busy in the kitchen mixing and making delicious playdough. Fabulous, right? So easy and so yummy.

1 c. peanut butter
2/3-1 c. nonfat dry milk
2 tbsp. honey



E couldn't wait to use the roller and cookie cutters, but when he got tired of that, he quickly put his creative juices to work.


I think he was working on a cave here, and then he quickly destroyed that. Using his fists for destruction was as much fun (probably more) as creating in the first place. And of course, Mommy had to get in on the action. Since lunch time was closing in, I supplied snacks that go well with peanut butter to build with....





and then we ate lunch with it all. Definitely a perfect, rainy-day-home-from-school-got-nothing-else-planned type of activity. Do try it if you haven't already. Or if you have....do it again! So fun!

And then on Sunday, Daddy was working at the office and dinner time was fast approaching. We had the makings for personal pizzas on hand. Eli loved spooning and spreading the sauce onto the Mama Mary's thin and crispy pizza crusts (so good!). I made my pizza with onions, green peppers (I didn't know how much I liked these on pizza until now!), and bacon. YUM! Eli was not wowed by my topping choices and opted for the classic: pepperoni and cheese.


A pepperoni smiley tastes better than just any old pizza, I'm sure.



Sprinkle some cheese on and it is ready to go in the oven. Delish! And a fun way to get Eli involved in making dinner. I see less pizza ordering in our future.

Completely unrelated, this sweet baby boy has his first cold complete with a fever, snot, and a wicked cough that I find incredibly pitiful and cute all at the same time. Check out these sad sick eyes...





Thank goodness he doesn't let it stand in the way of playing with his friend, the monkey. Watch out, Monkey...Jude has figured out how to get his hands on you! Definitely hope my little monkey is feeling better soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment