Monday, February 14, 2011

Jude News

Hard to believe that Baby Jude is 3 months old already. Thankfully this month didn't fly by as much as the first two. Maybe that is because, what I like the call "the newborn time-warp," seems to be over. The haze is lifting, and I'm beginning to feel more like myself again. I am accomplishing things around the house, and I feel like I've slipped into the rhythm of being a Mommy-of-2.


Jude, "The Dude", has lost his newborn (alien) look and is becoming a chunky monkey. He is transitioning out of his 0-3 month clothes and just started wearing size 2 diapers. He is growing up! Based on my own measurements at home, he has grown another inch or so and weighs about 14 lbs (according to Wii Fit, fully clothed.)


His reflux was under control with some low doses of Zantac, but I believe he is going through a growth spurt as the barfies have picked up again. I also think he is going through a growth spurt due to the fact that he * HAD * (key word here...) been giving us 5-7 hour stretches of sleep to start each night, some nights only getting up one time, but has had a couple nights waking up every 3 hours this week. Makes for a super tired Mommy. Ugh!


When he's tired, he loves the swing and the paci. His favorites lately are looking for the TV (he loves the flashes of lights and colors), watching big brother, finding Mommy's voice, dancing with Daddy, and playing with his hands. He is getting more and more control of those hands and loves to stick them in his mouth.


He found his toes the other day while sitting in the Bumbo. It was too cute watching his eyes light up at the sight of them. He has had little to no interest in toys until this past week. He will stare and swat at them a bit more now, and every once in a while, he is lucky to make some noise with them or land one in his mouth to gnaw on.


Last week he decided to explore rolling and goes from tummy to back...when he feels like it. Sometimes I think he forgets that he can. He is ready to move, always arching his back, attempting to scoot, and rolling off of our laps. Slow down, little one!


Jude is very vocal and friendly, mastering flirting early. He broadcasts his mood with his tongue (if it is out, he is incredibly happy!) and his arms. I can read him like a book....most of the time. Overall, he is content and a happy baby. One of my favorite things he does is pat and pet me while nursing or for comfort when I'm holding him. It makes my heart swell with all kinds of love.

Jude, you bring us incredible joy, and we love getting to know you more and more each day.

No comments:

Post a Comment