Monday, June 15, 2009

Go West, Young Man

Eli and I are headed west to Denver on Wednesday to finally meet precious little Asher. Eli is very excited to meet his cousin for the first time...who am I kidding...SO AM I!! We actually met another Asher today in our make-up music class, and Eli got super excited: "Mommy! It's Asher!" I had to clue him in that that little boy was not his cousin. I think he got it...

Anyways, this will be Eli's second plane ride...but my first alone with him. It should be interesting. Today's task...pack us into ONE suitcase and hopefully ONE carry on.....maybe two. This weekend and today, we managed to get all of our "TO DO" list accomplished complete with Fathers' Day shopping and birthday shopping for Aunt Z and T. And because we are sadly leaving Daddy behind to work...I even squeezed in a grocery shopping trip to get him some meals and snacks for while we're gone. Boy are we going to miss him!!

I have been playing out the trip in my head...visualizing how it should go and hopefully will. If I visualize ease and success, it will happen, right? I should be quite a sight to see trudging through the airport with a carseat and toddler in tow. Pray for me, folks! Please! :)

We are actually flying out of Tampa as we were able to get a direct flight...SO worth it! Because of this, we'll get to sneak in a little bit of time with the grandparents....afterall, they did agree to let us sleep over the day before and after our trip...and drive us to the airport. THANK YOU!


This is Eli's "rocket" from Little Einsteins. He climbed in this big box last week and declared it his rocket...then we just had to paint it so. He invited all of his "friends" to go along...and when I asked him where he was going?..."Colorado!"

Indeed. Colorado, here we come!
_

No comments:

Post a Comment