Monday, June 8, 2009

....And the Living is Easy

So far, we love S U M M E R T I M E! Despite the hot weather and stifling humidity, we still love summer.
In our house, summer means:

  • lazy mornings around the house in pjs

  • the smell of fresh cut grass

  • fun Mommy and Eli time

  • staying up a little past bedtime

  • time for baseball after dinner

  • bug bites (I think I'm up to 28!)

  • catching up on projects

  • starting new projects

  • finding more time for the things we never have time for

  • swimming

  • more beach trips

  • trips in general
And so many more things, but you get the idea...

One of the projects I'd like to do this summer with some of my extra time is try new dinner recipes. Fun ones, tasty ones, easy ones, and ones perfect for nights when company is over. I don't know about you, but I'm one to get stuck in a cooking rut. I find meals I like, and then I cook them over and over and over again each week. When I get tired of those, I "mix it up" and then get stuck in a new rut. I'm looking to either get out of my rut...or at least get stuck in a new one with new recipes...so....

C A L L I N G _A L L_ R E C I P E S !

Send your faves, go-to's, or quick & easy ones to me! I'd love to try some new things.
**here's the kicker though...we have some dietary restrictions/dislikes: Matt is allergic to all legumes (beans...kidney and black, not string) and I don't really eat red meat or pork. **

Send your recipes to ktcarson@gmail.com

I can't wait to try something new!

And since we're on the topic of cooking, Eli loves to cook too. Or at least, he loves to be in the kitchen with me while I'm cooking. Usually, he is pulling out the pots and pans...not to bang, but so that he can climb into the cupboards and drive his "car." It is a miracle I haven't twisted or broken an ankle while maneuvering around the obstacle course in my kitchen. The other night, it was business as usual, except Eli was playing with the letters on the refrigerator instead of "driving." I turned around to see THIS:


He didn't even know he had done anything special. He found those letters and arranged them all on his own. Needless to say, I flipped out and called Matt to come and see.



2 comments:

  1. So cute and so smart! Miss you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sucks that Matt is allergic to beans. I LOVE beans. I'll try to think of something to send your way...

    ReplyDelete