Friday, May 1, 2009

Reeling in May

I can hardly believe that May is actually here. This has been a school year that I have been hanging on and keeping my eyes on the goal....SUMMER! One more month to go (only 19 more school days...but who's counting?!?) With our week-long trip to Canada and a nephew being born, this month is sure to fly by and SUMMER will be here before we know it.

This week, Eli and I accompanied the 3rd-5th grade students at our school to Joe Budd Aquatic Education Center for a field trip. I was excited to take Eli along with me as there is so much fun to be had. The students fish every year, and the keepers are served up at the Annual Fish Fry. Eli decided that he'd like to try fishing too, and had success.


Yup, the pole was too big (heavy), he couldn't cast it on his own, but he reeled as much as he could...Mommy caught Eli caught 5 or 6 in all.
Truth be told: he was WAY more into the worms than the fish!


After lunch, three 4th graders became Eli's buddies for the rest of the afternoon. They made sure that he got one of the few, coveted, BIG critter boxes.....


....and that he didn't fall in the stream while searching for critters


Then my tired little man and I headed home.
In the words of Mary (a la Jack's Big Music Show),
"What a day!"


And what a month. April crept by...as I look back at the pictures and blog posts from this month, April 1 seems so long ago. It was a good one, but as I said, with SUMMER looming...it is hard to focus on much else.

1 comment: