Thursday, November 13, 2008

You Should See the Other Guy!

So Eli got into a little fight...

...too bad it was with a bench!!



I am amazed by how quickly kids heal and bounce back. The first picture is the day it happened, and the others are 3 days later.
(I'm also convinced had this been my eye...it would be a horrendous black eye, but just another wee bump for our "bruiser.")

In other fun and exciting news: Eli decided he was ready for a...

....DRUM ROLL PLEASE!....

BIG BOY BED!!

He loves it and has YET to try and get out. I was extremely nervous about switching the crib front out for the toddler bed attachment as Eli sleeps upstairs. I was worried sick that he would try to come out of his room when he woke up or if he didn't feel like napping. Instead, he has stayed in bed singing songs such as Twinkle Twinkle, Happy Birthday, and Blue's Clues, playing, and talking to his Doggie (and self) about all kinds of stuff. This morning as he woke up, we heard, "Big boy bed!" through the monitor. He is just so happy to be in his new bed.
(And Mommy put a so-far-Eli-proof door knob protector on the inside of his room to keep him safely in his room until we get him up...but he hasn't even gotten out of bed yet...I know, I know...YET!!)

Funny side note: While waiting for sleep to overtake him during nap time yesterday, I heard, "Diaper off" on the monitor. I knew I should have gone up to check...but I was afraid he'd never go to sleep. When I went up to rescue him after his nap, I found him diaper-less! And not a drop of pee pee to be found. Maybe we're closer to potty training than I thought! :)
_

1 comment:

  1. When we switched James to his big boy bed, we definitely needed the safety knob on the door! We still lock his bedroom door from the outside - otherwise he'd never go to sleep. PS I love the "stinky piggies" remark.

    ReplyDelete