Sunday, November 2, 2008

The Ugliest Pumpkin

I'm a huge fan of pumpkin carving, but for whatever reason....this year I wasn't in the mood. (or i didn't have time...something like that!) Last Halloween, Eli got to help carve by digging out the guts, but I couldn't see him having a long enough attention span to get very far this year. Instead, I opted for finger painting his pumpkin.


Too bad, it turned out the be one of the ugliest darn pumpkins you've ever seen.

I guess the paint wasn't quite right...

_______ _I am thinking that maybe Eli isn't as into crafty projects as I am...

_____________ __ ______________________I don't think Eli is an artist just yet...

Maybe I was just expecting too much. All I know is that I was way more into the project than he was, and for the second craft project in a row, it was more of a headache than fun. At least Eli was satisfied and proud of the finished product.


I have to remind myself that the pictures and the memories we created made it all worthwhile.
_
(remember, this is me saying that in hindsight...one week later. you should have heard me that evening: i am NEVER doing another craft project with him again!! time sure helps you forget the bad and focus on the good/fun)

_

1 comment:

  1. He's so proud! I could eat that lil' punkin's face off! He's such a big boy!!!

    ReplyDelete