Wednesday, August 21, 2013

A Little More Beach

I'm behind again. Surprise, surprise. I'm impressed with these pro mom bloggers that can crank out daily posts no matter how many kids they have....no matter how many life changes are going on.... Yup. I'm impressed. Cause my blogging is easily thrown to the back burner....second only to housework, of course.

So with not a minute alone during the day now that school has started....and totally disrupting the beautiful nap time schedule that was working for us all....I'm here. But only because of some post-its and colored pencils keeping Jude happy while Jonah naps. I must type fast cuz we all know that post-its will lose their cool factor very soon. 

Going back and playing a little catch up. Backing up to the first weekend in August....

We made it to the beach again before summer ended. Our gang of five was joined by Aunt Kiki and Uncle Steve. It was perfect and sunny, but not too hot considering it was August. And I don't know what it is about the beach, but one of my kids seems to be sick when we are there. 


Jude was the victim this time around, but thankfully, with some meds on board, we were able to keep his fever down enough so he could rally and play. There was a lot of fishing action, but not a lot of catching. Daddy did catch a shark that Eli was brave enough to hold. He is getting so brave....even kissed a bait fish! 





Again, something magical about the beach that knocks my babies out. The sound of the waves and the breeze soothe them even if they have just woken up from a nap. 


Always fun. Always a joy.

 

Always reminded of how blessed we are to be able to steal away for a weekend or more to our little piece of paradise. 

No comments:

Post a Comment