Tuesday, June 4, 2013

School's Out for Summer

I really cannot believe how quickly another school year has come and gone. I can't help but get sappy and emotional as Eli continues to hit milestone after milestone....and this time it is the end of Kindergarten.  Yes, I cried as I walked into school to pick him up. I didn't want to....and I certainly wasn't expecting the tears. My throat ached as I tried to keep it together.
"My, how you've grown." I remember that phrase from my childhood days too.
"Just wait and see." I remember those words and how they chided me, when patient was the hardest thing to be. Because we can't make up for the time that we've lost, I must let these memories provide. No little [boy] can stop [his] world to wait for me. 
 
I should have known. At your age, in a string of days the year is gone. But in that space of time, it takes so long.
 
Because we can't make up for the time that we've lost, I must let those memories provide. No little [boy] can stop [his] world to wait for me. 

My silly, tenderhearted, and precious boy. You have grown so much and continue to grow....both inside and out. You rocked your kindergarten year and are more than ready to tackle first grade! We are excited that you will start next year working in the gifted program. Though your crazy side may be hard to rein in at times and your emotions may get the best of you sometimes, you truly are an incredible kid. We love you more than you will ever know. Thank you for making my dream come true. Are you sure you won't stop growing up?

No comments:

Post a Comment