Monday, June 3, 2013

Memorial Day Weekend 2013

Memorial Day Weekend is little taste of summer. It whets our appetite and makes us want more! With only one week left of Eli's Kindergarten year, we celebrated Memorial Day at the beach with Grandma, Aunt Z, and Uncle Matt (who were in town from Denver.) We were excited for Jonah to meet more family members.


And for the first time in a long time, I forgot to pack my camera! I wasn't nearly as upset as I thought I may be....but I guess I knew I could just use my phone. All weekend long, the weather was gorgeous and there was lots of sun, sand, and surf enjoyed by everyone.

  

My favorite night was when we headed back down to the beach after an early dinner for more fun.  Corn hole, fishing,


writing our names in the sand,

Jude couldn't be left out. His J's are coming along!
 swimming, and thumb sucking (it's official....Jonah is a thumb sucker, and I think it is beyond adorable!)

 

This may have been Jonah's first dip in the Gulf. So far, so good! Another beach baby in the making,

While we were out there, we were treated to a spectacular sunset. Truly amazing!

 

On our last day in paradise, we had a bit of a scare with Jude. I really thought we were past having to worry about him putting "choke-ables" in his mouth, but he was laying on the floor and decided to put this tiny Lego crab in his mouth.


And I guess all it took was a quick breath in with him laying on his back for the toy to become lodged in the back of his throat. After what seemed like an eternity we were finally able to get it out....after several attmepts...with a finger swipe to the back of the throat. Incredibly scary! And now, if you ask Jude if you put Legos in your mouth, he will give you an emphatic "NO" with a smile on his face and a little twinkle in his eye. Lesson learned....we hope!

Such a fun weekend with family. The boys loved all of the extra attention. Grown up playmates are so great!


Thanks for coming to visit! It was a fabulous weekend, and we hope you will be back sooner than later!!
Your nephews love you to pieces!! (We do too!) 

No comments:

Post a Comment