Monday, June 24, 2013

Month 4 in Pictures

Our squishy baby is 4 months old now. Wha??  I know, right? Jonah continues to blossom and grow and has each one of us wrapped around his chubby little fingers.


He continues to be a happy baby. Giggles and squeals are a regular thing these days. Super cute!

Did you check out that dimple? Swoon!

I feel like each month, Jonah has a face that he makes. This month's was an open mouth look in which he was working hard to imitate and mimic people talking to him. He did eventually find his voice and will now squeal and "talk." ...And blow raspberries. Lots and lots of raspberries. 


Jonah loves to be held more than he enjoys being put down, but he will play on his playmat or in his bouncy chair for a little bit. He has mastered the tummy to back roll and will not stay put for tummy time very long. He is playing with toys a little more. He can hold them, transfer them, and eat them (of course!!) 


He loves to gnaw on fingers....yours or his....and has officially became a thumb sucker. Self soothing rocks! It doesn't always work, but when it does, it sure is nice. Either way, it is incredibly sweet to see him sucking away on that thumb.


Jonah digs standing on his little legs. He will bounce and dance. He seemed ready, so I went ahead and got the exersaucer out. He likes it, but doesn't love it yet. His brothers sure do.....it is hard to keep Jude out of it. Silly boy!


The 4 month sleep regression did not pass us by....my awesome sleeper has become a pretty good sleeper. I try not to complain as I know he will learn to sleep and this season is short, but instead of getting up 1-2 times a night, he is now up 2-4 times a night. This makes for a tired Mama (who is also currently fighting a cold...hard to do when sleep deprived!)

I think I could watch him sleep forever. Beyond precious!
It may have taken a while, but I think Jonah has officially won over Jude. This month, Jude has been heard saying, "He's the best, isn't he?" and "Jonah is my friend" with the latter being said almost daily. Eli continues to be a sweet big brother and enjoys trying to make Jonah laugh and always wants to pick him up....unless he is stinky.


The 4 month check up went well and confirmed that we have made yet another short and chunky babe. He is almost 25 inches long and 15 pounds 14 ounces (~ 55th percentile for height and ~ 80th for weight). Just right for squeezing and squishing. Yum!


We have loved getting to know this precious little gift, and we can't wait to get to know him more and more as the days go by. I think I am finally getting the hang of "enjoying" the newborn stage...though I don't think he classifies as one any more...We just love him! Our "schweet" boy.

1 comment:

  1. I don't know what your husband looks like, but I think Jonah really looks like you!

    ReplyDelete