Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Just Another Week in the Life

Jude here. Eli has been back to school for a while now, and Mommy and I are starting to find our new rhythm and routine. I like routines, I get routines, and I will let you know what comes next on a typical day. 

Right after breakfast, we walk Eli to school...and once he is in his classroom, we "wok n' woll" out of there. Mommy usually walks home with a friend, and I beg for (demand?) the phone to play games on. 


I honestly love being outside and strolling each day. But as soon as we get in the door, I rush to the couch and ask to watch "Blue's Clues." And most days it works. Then Mommy and I stay busy with playing and chores. Did you know that everything is more fun wearing a bike helmet? "I wike it!"


 Sometimes Mommy even gets out fun stuff like markers, play dough, or paints for me. I love to make a mess, but Mommy pulled a fast one on me the other day and found a way to keep the paints off of me.  (Thanks for the idea, Brooke!)



I still liked it....and all of the neat ways to make the paint move around.

By then, it is time for lunch and nap. I like to read books before nap and in bed until I fall asleep. Mommy usually has to wake me up when it is time to go get Eli from school. Some days we take Eli to karate, and while Eli is learning karate, I am learning too. I love to do karate moves, kick and punch the bags, and yell "aiyah!" Oh yeah, there is a super cool water fountain there that I like to drink water from play in. Mommy is always telling me I'm soaked. Whatever that means ....and who cares! 

When we get home, I get to play with brother and interrupt Mommy's tutoring sessions. If I'm lucky, Eli will read his books to me. He is getting good enough that he doesn't need Mommy's help with some stories. I love my brother!


Then, it is my least favorite time of the day. Mommy goes into the kitchen....and it isn't to get me "nacks." She actually has the nerve to say no to my repeated demands. Ugh! Instead she says she has to cook. I fuss a bit, but she still doesn't give in, so I make the most of it and cook along with her. And my kitchen isn't as fun as the real thing. Mommy's pots are way more fun! So is playing peek-a-boo in the cupboards (Eli did it too...) And, of course, I am wearing two of Eli's shirts over my own. Totally normal, right? (Mommy says to please ignore my dirty piggies....and she keeps saying that foot looks too big to be mine....what is she talking about???)



Peek-a boo!!"


Soon after I've made a big enough mess, cooked and tasted all of my yummy food, I finally get to eat some real food. This is right around the same time that Daddy comes home. It is the best! I squeal his name and run to see him...unless I'm eating my dinner. Then my highchair keeps me from running...."fo fast" (...so fast...) After that, I get to play with Daddy and Eli, and before I know it, it is time to start my bedtime routine. I like that routine too. Bath is pretty awesome. So is brushing teeth. But sing me my bedtime song, and I'm reaching for my pillow and blankies in my crib.  Nigh Nigh!

Oh yeah! I almost forgot....on Saturdays, Mommy and Daddy put on "ut ball" all day. I like to cheer for my team. I get pretty into it. I do the chomp. I yell "Go Gatas!" I scream touchdown and throw my arms up anytime everyone gets excited. Must be a touchdown, right? I even like to chant our colors..."orange and bwoo.....gween and purpul!" Everyone laughs. I don't get it.


So, there you have it. Just another week in my life. It is a pretty good life. "I wike it."

No comments:

Post a Comment