Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Impromptu Day Trip

The weather is cooling off a little, and I'm not afraid to go outside anymore. Don't get me wrong, it isn't cool by any stretch of the imagination, but the mornings are super nice and the humidity is low enough that you aren't dripping the minute you step outside. I'm enjoying the sun and yard again during the week, and this weekend, we decided to take an impromptu day trip to the Florida Caverns. It is only an hour away and the caves are even cooler than the already cooler weather. 


I'm the only one that had ever been before....and it was a loooong time ago. I think I went with my Girl Scout troop and maybe on a class field trip. We packed a lunch and headed over. 


After a picnic lunch and some exploring, we took the tour of the cave. Eli was super impressed and soaked it all up. Jude, on the other hand, was over it in about...hmmm....5 minutes. He said "pretty" and "cool" a few times, and then it was all we could do to keep him from running and screaming. Neither were conducive in this environment. Sigh. Nonetheless, the formations were awesome, we saw bats and other critters, and we learned some stuff. 


Such a beautiful day that it gives me a taste for fall. Love these boys.


The drive home was quiet as this one zonked out while the other watched a movie.


Hoping to be able to get out and enjoy the cooler weather more often this fall.


No comments:

Post a Comment