Thursday, May 3, 2012

Kind of a Big Deal

I have gone back and forth about whether or not I should use my blog to share what the boys have been accomplishing. Some might call this "bragging" or "showing off"....and maybe it is. But I decided that this blog is for our family and friends to see what we are up to....a place for me to look back and remember what happened when.  It serves as a scrapbook for me.

.....So consider yourself warned.  I'm gonna brag on my boy, Eli, a bit.


Milestones come fast and furious, one after the other, for babies.  We get spoiled for a while as it seems they are learning something new everyday.  Eventually that levels out.  But these milestones for Eli are just as exciting as his first ones.

Several weeks ago, Eli earned his orange stripe in the Tiny Tiger Kenpo Karate program and is now working towards his purple one.  He is very motivated to reach each level and is so focused and respectful during his classes.  I love watching his "focus face" and hearing him kiya with such gusto.  His skills and form have already come a long way.


T-ball has been over for a few weeks now, but Eli had a great season.  He played hard and worked on his basics.


Oh, the monkey bars!  They call to kids at a young age, and yet they are so tricky to master.  Well after a lot of practice, frustrations, and even a few blisters, Eli is now a monkey bar crossing pro! 


He is so stinkin' proud of himself and is now working on turning around and going the other way too.

And last, but not least, our boy reading like a champ!  Going to the library to pick out books with the red labels has made our monthly visits even more exciting.  Sometimes he needs our help to get through a book, but many times, he blows us away and reads it all the way through perfectly. Words cannot describe how sweet he sounds reading each book, word by word. I usually have tears in my eyes as I watch his finger move across each page.

 

Hard to believe we are registering Eli for Kindergarten in the fall.  He will have his orientation in the next couple of weeks. I won't lie.  I have mini anxiety attacks every time I think about it for more than a moment. It is such an exciting time to be Eli. Kindergarten is not gonna know what hit it.

Watch out world....Eli's coming!  

3 comments:

  1. Way to go Eli!!!! I'm excited to hear your mom talk more about Karate, because I've been interested in having my boys try martial arts. Awesome job on the reading & I spotted the wookie book. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Go Eli! That is awesome! His Kindergarten teacher will be very impressed. Is he going to go to Killearn Lakes?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay for Eli!!! I am so proud of my nephew! Watch out world, Eli is coming!

    Love you guys!!

    (Aunt) Kate

    ReplyDelete