Friday, May 4, 2012

Andes Mint Cookies

I've stumbled onto a couple of pretty good "cake mix" recipes, and these Andes Mint Cookies are probably my favorite.  So easy and so yummy!   They are a definite crowd pleaser....some have even compared it to the flavor of a Thin Mint, but gooier. (Is that even a word?)


Such a simple recipe with just a few ingredients.  And as a bonus, I always manage to pick up a box of cake mix BOGO! 

  • 1 Devil's Food Cake Mix
  • 1/2 cup oil
  • 2 eggs
  • 1 package of Andes Mints
Mix the cake mix, oil, and eggs together....and be sure to have a super cute helper on hand who would eat all the dough if Mommy would let him.


I used my cookie scoop to drop the dough onto the pan (and I did use parchment.) Bake at 350 degrees for 6-9 minutes. No longer! 

While the cookies are still hot, place an Andes Mint on top of each cookie. In about 5 minutes, the mint will be melted. It won't look like it, but just touch it with the back of the spoon and it will easily spread all over the cookies as icing.  Yummo!


And enjoy!  They are divine when they are fresh out of the oven, but are amazing cooled too....if they last that long.



Both of my boys agree and approve.

2 comments:

  1. making these tomorrow! can't wait!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much. I bought two boxes and froze them and am collecting recipes. I even have cake mix at home now ... I need an excuse to give cookies away ... Thinking about your family this week.

    ReplyDelete