Thursday, February 2, 2012

Teeth. Grrrrr!

Poor baby, Jude! (Yes, I still call him a baby even though he is technically a toddler....) 


All 4 molars are coming in.  I had been watching the bottom gums as I could see the outline of each molar, so I figured these were on their way.  Neither one has officially poked through.  Instead a corner of a top molar made its way through first.  This has led me to believe that all 4 molars are coming in.....ever so slowly.  I hate feeling like I'm abusing ibuprofen and acetaminophen, so I broke down and ordered one of these:


Fingers crossed that this works as well as it is touted by those who doubted and now believe.  It is coming all the way from Lithuania, so we are trying to be patient.  I am excited about the idea of it working and getting some uninterrupted sleep again one day soon (not that he'll be sleeping in it!!) Some days he is whinier than others, but I would be too with all that pressure on my gums.  Most of the time, he is using his voice and signs to tell us what he wants.  Dinner time is his hardest time of day.  It is a battle to get dinner on the table lately, and everyday I manage to do it, I feel I've accomplished something big.
 
Jude is definitely finding his voice.  He loves to yell to get our attention these days.  Working on breaking that habit as quickly as possible.  My favorite new word of his is "cook cook."  He learned the day we made cookies.  He watched them bake and sign please hoping to taste some of the "cook cooks."  

 

Now every time I start to make dinner, he runs over and points to the oven light and asks for a "cook cook."  Because of course Mommy makes nothing but cookies.  Haha!  Ask him what he wants to eat....."cook cook!"  (or cack cack a.k.a. cracker).  I love this age....just not the teething.  

This weekend, we made a last minute decision to take the boys to the circus.  Eli was excited, to put it mildly. 


It was a fun way to get out of the house and celebrate a weekend.  Jude always loves an outing and it helps distract him from the pain in his gums.  Since one of Jude's most recent additions to his animal sounds is an elephant, they were his favorite for sure.


Eli liked most all of the acts, especially the strong man and the motorcycle ball.  Of course, Mommy could barely watch the motorcycles going around and around as it makes her way too nervous.  

 

So glad we acted on our impulse.  The boys crashed when we got home and took crazy long naps.  Jude's best in weeks!  


On an unrelated topic, my birthday is tomorrow.  I've come a long way....from counting down the days to forgetting that it is this week.  Being a mom (of 2 busy boys) has definitely made me feel differently about my birthday. I can tell you that I am (not so) secretly hoping for a super gift from Jude:  

4 new teeth. Come on, molars! Please come fast.  I just want to get it over with, and I'm sure Jude agrees.  


2 comments:

  1. Teething necklaces are HUGE in Hawaii. I am a believer!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm blog surfing from Jill's blog, and I'm curious to know if your teething necklace arrived and if you think it works??

    ~Betsy Booten

    ReplyDelete