Monday, May 9, 2011

Bittersweet

Mother's Day was a bittersweet day.

My heart was so filled with joy to be celebrating being a mommy to my two precious babies, a wife to my loving husband, and a daughter to my dear Mommy. I woke up to sweet Mother's Day wishes from Eli and thoughtful gifts. We then went over to celebrate with my Mommy too.

But my heart was also aching remembering my sister, Kelly.

Such a bright star with an amazing spirit, a beautiful smile, and the most contagious laugh. I can't believe 5 years have passed. I think of her everyday and wish I could have just a moment more. I cling to my memories of her. It breaks my heart knowing that my boys won't ever get to hear that laugh or play with her. I know, I know....they will always know who she is and she is always with us, but that isn't good enough. Sorry. There is comfort in those words, but honestly, not enough. It truly SUCKS (excuse my language...the only word I've ever found that really explains my feelings) to not have Kelly on this earth to share all the special...and even the not-so-special days with.

Yeah, yesterday was a bittersweet day.

3 comments:

  1. Just a bad day all around!! I'm sorry I was caught up in my pity party to send loving thoughts your way!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a great way to put it!

    ReplyDelete