Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Bananas and More

I tried to hold out, I really did. At almost 2 weeks shy of 6 months, I caved in and let Jude try some solids. Needless to say, he has been delighted.



Last Sunday, he had swatted at my lunch one too many times and was melting down because I wouldn't let him have any (which he still does....), so I plopped him into his Bumbo, grabbed a banana to mush between my fingers and let him have it. He was THRILLED!!! He was grabbing my hands and pulling my fingers into his mouth. He couldn't get enough. I even let him gnaw on the actual banana. Look closely at that picture and you will see some 'nana on his onesie. He was ready....Mama just didn't want to admit it.



So far he has had banana, brown rice, and as of last night, avocado (need some pictures of the green goop. it is his favorite so far. he cried every time the spoon left his mouth and gummed the spoon for a while afterwards...making sure he had gotten every last bit.) He is only eating once a day and so far it has not improved his nighttime sleeping at all. Boo. I know "they" say it doesn't help, but I won't lie. I was hoping.

In Eli's world, he was excited that one of his closest friends celebrated his 4th birthday. Eli woke up and announced, "It's Ethan's birthday!!" We got to party with Ethan and some horses on Saturday.



Even though he was a little nervous of those BIG horse teeth, Eli did eventually work up the nerve to feed some hay to the horses.





Eli loved riding the horses....decked out in his cowboy gear, of course....and wishing his fellow Superhero-loving pal the happiest of birthdays.

No comments:

Post a Comment