Thursday, April 14, 2011

5 Months!!

Stop time! Stop! I am honestly kind of sad that my baby is growing up so fast, but in the same breath, I catch myself saying how much I love this age and stage.


photo courtesy of Eli

Jude is such a happy baby. I am in love with his open mouth silent giggle. Even when he has his bedtime meltdown, he'll try to muster up a smile while whimpering. He loves the sound of his voice and will talk and sing to himself (especially in the mirror) and others. His conversations and songs are the sweetest. Sometimes I just know he is saying "hi" back to me. At least that is what it sounds like. And he mastered raspberries this month. I'd hear him blowing them in his cradle as soon as he woke up some mornings....but never on cue, of course.



Don't you just love the concentration on those hands, and how about that chest pounding? He definitely still loves his hands, but you can add his feet to his favorites.



He loves to kick those heels up and grab on. I heart baby toes, so I totally get wanting to grab them all of the time. Jude also is beginning to enjoy his toys and will play with one thing for a while. Whatever he can get his hands on goes right into his mouth. It is usually his fingers or MY fingers, and we have recently discovered baby carrots as a great teething tool. I just put it in his vice grip with about a half inch sticking out and he goes to town gnawing on it. He loves the control and it is hard, cold, and a little bit sweet. Perfect.



The boy is definitely ready to eat. He is obsessed with anything I bring to my mouth. He swats at pizza slices and my cups. He loves water bottles and has even managed to pull an apple of mine in for a lick. He actually threw a fit today as I was eating my snack because I wouldn't let him grab it. We'll see if I can hold him off for one more month. I'm aiming to start solids at 6 months.



This month has also brought about a bunch of large motor skills as well. He's starting to move a whole lot more. He still only rolls when he's in the mood and not back-to-front yet. He'll start to teeter on the edge, and then stop himself. Jude will also spend a good amount of time jumping in his exersaucer or on our laps (or even trying to jump off our laps!!).



He is beginning to sit really well too. Such a big boy! I laugh when I go to lay him down or put him in the car seat, he will do everything in his power to try and sit back up. As much as his baby abs can handle. Cracks me up. That and the arch. Though the arch is his way of yelling at telling you that he is NOT happy about being put down.



I even found him scooting off of his play mat the other day. Slow down little one, slow down!



We have moved Jude out of our room and into his crib as of this week. He has not slept any worse up there....and definitely not any better either. He is up 2-4 times a night, but I will only nurse him 2 of those times. Maybe it is time for a little tough love and sleep training. We'll see if I have the nerves or the heart for it. Eek! And naps are also still hit or miss. If the swing is around, he naps great. I did get him to nap in the crib for a little bit yesterday. Baby steps.



It sure is hard to stay frustrated at the lack of sleep long when you're looking at this cute mug. And then he starts talking to you too..... Sigh. He melts me into a puddle. Love. Him.



Jude still loves: bath time, nursing (can't you tell by looking at the chunky monkey?), kicking, being held, and watching brother.



And Eli still loves Jude. He continues to be a great big brother.

I am already dreading next month's post as it will mean we are half way to 1. I can't believe how fast time flies despite how looooong some days feel. I am trying to take time and cherish as many moments as I can. Jude will only be a baby once, and though I feel tired and ragged and like I need a Mommy-vacation, I am trying to love this season of my life. I know I will look back one day and miss this time.


No comments:

Post a Comment