Saturday, February 7, 2009

He's At It Again...

IMG_9050

Yup, it's true, Eli loves to help out in the kitchen. Yes, he has his own kitchen, but for some strange reason, Eli would prefer to be in my kitchen with me...as long as I'm in there trying to get something accomplished. The usual scene when I'm finished cooking dinner or cleaning up from a meal, is a messy battleground. He pulls all of his toys and some non-toys (yet still fun kitchen gadgets) out and leaves them strewn (is that a word?) about. It is a miracle that I haven't broken an ankle yet.

Anyways, Eli is getting better at sorting the silverware, isn't he? This time, all of the utensils ended up in the correct spots...just not all going the same direction. And all of the spoons and forks kinda got lumped together no matter what size, but hey, he's improving! This time, I didn't change a thing...this is exactly what it looks like in my silverware drawer each time I open it....and I smile.

February is in full swing, and my birthday came and went. If you know me well, you know I adore birthdays, especially mine. This year, I was hoping for a do-over. As the week went on, it did get better. Last night, we celebrated my dad's birthday with him too. Yummy dinner, yummy cake, fun presents, and best of all, each other's wonderful company. We love you, Grandpa and hope you had a super duper birthday!

A few more more fun things: Eli has started music classes again...and just in time. I feel like he is singing all the time these days. Singing his favorite tunes, learning new ones, and even inventing his own. The ABC's have been his favorite of the week. He is learning new letters everyday and can now actually identify over half of his letters. He is also experimenting with sounds and words that start with each letter. I guess it is true, he really is ready for preschool. That is another biggie. After much discussion and debate, we decided to go ahead and enroll Eli in a 2-year old program for the fall. Everyone keeps telling me he is ready, socially and academically. I think the interactions with his peers will be where he grows the most...i.e. learning to share, wait his turn, clean up after himself, etc. As excited as we are, we are also in SHOCK that we have a child old enough to be in school. AAAKK! Our little baby is growing up so fast!

IMG_8972
Here is the link to January's pictures.
_

2 comments:

  1. I love his shirt! Someone special must have gotten it for him! He is too cute and did an AWESOME job sorting! Way to go Eli!

    ReplyDelete
  2. James started preschool (here they call it "nursery") back in September (as a 3-year-old) and I think he has really enjoyed it. Just be warned - for the first few months, Eli will probably get quite a few germs and need several trips to the doctor. Nothing to worry about - it's good for his immune system!

    ReplyDelete