Wednesday, February 19, 2014

A Princess Party for Me

When I told Jude that my birthday was coming up, he got super excited and declared that I should have a "Princess Party!" Who could argue with that? So I passed the word on to Matt and left it in his hands. He did not disappoint! 

The plan was to celebrate with my family during the Super Bowl. My dad and I both have birthdays during the first week of February, so we typically celebrate together. Double birthdays are double the fun! Matt and the boys picked out a crown for me and a hat for Grandpa. We had princess plates, napkins and cups. There was a lot of pink, tasty BBQ, a delicious ice cream cake, and a lot of fun! 


This little guy truly made my day when he woke up from his nap and saw me wearing the crown, he squealed with delight, "You're a princess!!!!" and came running to hug me and jump in my arms. The. Best.


He was clean when I got up from the table, and then I turned around to find this mess! Oh my!!

On my actual birthday, Matt treated me like a princess as well. He took the day off of work and took care of all of the normal day-to-day routines. He got us doughnuts for breakfast, took me out to lunch, and handled dinner! He even let me escape for some alone time and a pedicure. It was heavenly!


I loved spending my day relaxing and enjoying my family. Truly a perfect birthday. 

No comments:

Post a Comment