Thursday, November 14, 2013

'Twas the Days Before Halloween

Soooo behind. Trying to catch up a bit, but things have been crazy with a certain middle boy turning 3 this week. It is party central around here, but I can't share all of that until I take care of Halloween. And because I'm so far behind, I'm going to hit the highlights and share a buncha pix. Nothing fancy. I'm sure no one will mind.

We made sure to cram in as much last minute Halloween and fall fun as we could. I was a little late to the party this year, but I eventually found my Halloween spirit.

Friday night, Eli's school had a Fall Festival and it was really a lot of fun for the boys. The weather had turned a little chilly making it feel appropriately fall-ish. You could wear your costumes, but I didn't want the boys to wreck the homemade projects by running around before the big night, so I just did fun hair for them and homemade Halloween shirts from years past.


Saturday, it was a gorgeous day so we checked out a nearby farm that had a corn maze, a corn pit, more pumpkins, and lots of fun animals to see. The boys loved the baby bunnies. It was hard to drag the boys away, but Jonah's naptime was calling.


Sunday, we were the party hoppers going from our annual tradition of pumpkin carving at the Pope's to a haunted house party with the Coopers. This was the first time the boys wore their Ninja Turtle costumes that turned out great. Lots of cuteness, friends, and fun.


While the little brothers were napping on Tuesday afternoon, I set Eli free to carve his own pumpkin. He picked out the perfect pumpkin, drew his own design, and was thrilled to do his thing. It was hard....but I only helped when he asked me to help. I loved watching him work and stick out his tongue while concentrating. Just like his daddy. His pumpkin turned out great!


On Wednesday, Jude was supposed to dress up for his Mom's Morning Out class. Again, I didn't want his Donatello costume to be wrecked, so we raided our costume bin, and he chose a fire fighter. On Halloween, he was supposed to dress up for story time at the library, so we hit the costume bin again. This time Jude chose a pirate. It was perfect and just comfy enough to do gymnastics in too.


The fun was just beginning as we had to hurry back from gym to pick up Eli and get ready for an amazing night of trick-or-treating with friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment