Friday, May 17, 2013

Weekends in May

....are busy! Thankfully it is the kind of busy that we like. Lots of stuff we want to do and not a lot of stuff we have to do. The weather has taken its time warming up which has created an extra long spring this year. No complaints here. Usually it is already disgusting hot, but we have had more perfect days than I can count.

The first weekend in May had us starting off Saturday in Star Wars gear for May the 4th. (....get it....May the Force....May the 4th?....) Toys R Us was hosting a special Star Wars Lego giveaway. You had us at Legos.


And we ended the day at a Kentucky Derby party at Aunt Kristi and Uncle Steve's. We had to get all spiffed up for that.


The next weekend kicked off a little early with a Mother's Day Tea for Eli and me at his school. Daddy kept the other two boys home, so it was a special time for just the two of us. He seemed to like having me there, and of course I loved it too.


We were treated to all kinds of handmade goodies, a performance, and treats. As is common in schools, the children answered all kinds of questions about Mom. This was my favorite page:


Check out my height! I love how he is clueless about my weight but was surprised he didn't know my eyes are green. ...And I guess I need to wear a make up more often if it makes me look good. Other pages talked about how I like it when he cleans up his clothes, and how he likes it when we go to the theater, ride bikes, or get ice cream. Such a precious little gift...I love his handwriting and invented spellings!

Saturday morning, we got everyone up and dressed to get out to a local Touch-A-Truck event. It was a perfect outing for our boys. Once Jude got over the loud motors running, he liked climbing in and out of the vehicles there. Eli was more into wondering how things work and really enjoyed driving the sewer robot used by the city. Awesome.



Dad got some pictures of the boys in SWAT gear and Eli got to hold some of the weapons. Eek! I hope this is the one and only time I ever have to see my boys in the back of a police vehicle. Haha!

A highlight for sure was the helicopter landing. I don't think I've ever been that close to one before. Pretty incredible. Both boys loved climbing in and taking a look around....


....almost as much as the tasty treats that were much needed to cool us down after a warm morning in the sun.


That evening was "Date Knight" at Chik-Fil-A for mothers and sons. It was a cute night and a fun little outing for me to do with the two older boys.


And of course, Sunday was Mother's Day. The boys spoiled me with giant cinnamon rolls and tasty coffee for breakfast. The gifts are nice, but the time and handmade cards are always the best. We had brunch at my parents' so we could celebrate my awesome Mommy too. Overall, it was a really  nice day.


But Mother's Day is always a little bittersweet too. My amazing mother-in-law's absence is felt deeply on this day. She was precious to us all and is missed dearly...on Mother's Day and everyday.


I'm a blessed Mama! It is a tough job...harder some days than others, but I love it and know that I am lucky.


Though it is the toughest job I've ever had, it is the best one. I'm paid daily with kisses, smiles, giggles, "I love you's", and "Thank you's." I love my boys.

No comments:

Post a Comment